Please apply using the downloadable application form. CV’s will not be considered.
JOB TITLE: Office Administrator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Office Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No line management responsibility
Admin support to the Office Manager, Credit Control, HR administration, Report production, Health & Safety.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide comprehensive administrative support to the Office Manager. To maintain the credit control system on private bills, ensuring all bills are sent out promptly and unpaid debt is followed up. To ensure that HR and other records are accurate and information systems maintained as required. To support the Office Manager with Health and Safety issues.
Invoicing Private Clients and Credit Control
- Responsible for ensuring that private clients are invoiced promptly and that all invoices are correct and copies distributed appropriately;
- Responsible for ensuring effective credit control systems are maintained by monitoring overdue invoices, chasing clients where necessary and following up actions to resolve queries promptly and effectively. Maintaining a record of debtors and attending regular meetings to report on current position and action to take.
- Production of credit notes
- Providing and coordinating administrative support to the legal aid costing team. Dealing with queries e.g chasing chambers for fee notes, getting signed FAS forms and updating costing team with action taken.
- Dealing with accounts queries from outsourced Accounts and members.
- Petty cash and credit card reconciliation
- Printing standard reports from the client database as required, preparing reports, monthly and ad hoc, to support the Practice Manager in providing management information to the partners and fee earners using the firm’s database and Excel.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of personnel information using the firm’s personnel database. Ensuring the data is accurate and up to date;
- Administering the annual leave booking system for staff;
- Maintaining the personnel files ensuring they are tidy and complete.
Health and Safety
- To assist the Office Manager conducting periodic health and safety risk assessments of hazards in the office and reporting these; arranging for maintenance and testing of fire safety equipment. Ensuring health and safety equipment meets required standards e.g first aid boxes, fire extinguishers
- To ensure that the firm’s electronic case management system and other relevant electronic records and databases are kept up to date;
- In the absence of the Receptionist (during the lunchtime rota and on other occasions such as annual leave), the following duties: •To receive telephone calls and visitors to the office, taking messages, forwarding calls as appropriate and providing a professional and courteous welcome to visitors;
- To serve clients with tea/coffee, keep all meetings rooms and reception tidy;
- To maintain a daily rota of paralegals and trainees for taking advice calls and undertaking lunchtime reception cover; to ensure that the firms electronic central diaries are kept up to date;
- To ensure that our telephone answering service contractors are provided with a daily and weekly update of staff availability and cover in good time;
- Ensure that all post received each day is scanned and passed on to the available fee earner for checking and circulation; to attach legal post received onto the firm’s electronic case management system;
- Monitoring and completing stationary orders
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date office administrative filing systems;
- In the absence of the Administration Assistant, to close files on the database and archive files into the basement storage area;
- To assist with other administrative, clerical or related tasks as required by the Office Manager, Practice Manager and / or the Partners;
- To undertake all duties within the letter and the spirit of Goodman Ray’s operational policies at all times
- From time to time, to undertake other reasonable duties not identified above, as required by the Office Manager, Practice Manager and / or the Partners.
- Maintenance of internal experts database
Your application form should show clearly how you meet the requirements for the post set out in the person specification below. You must not assume that your experience speaks for itself. CVs will not be accepted.
Your application will not be considered if you are unable to demonstrate clearly the relevance of your past experience and your skills.
Essential experience, skills and abilities
The following experience, skills and abilities are essential to the job and you must demonstrate in the application form that you possess them:
- Two – Three year’s experience in administrative work;
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally and sensitively with people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Excellent numerical skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Able to input data accurately onto databases e.g a bespoke Client Management System and/or excel spreadsheets;
- Good attention to detail;
- Familiarity with using networked PCs and recent versions of MS Office software (in particular Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Experience and knowledge of office administrative systems and procedures;
- Ability to work on your own initiative, to tight deadlines, and to take personal responsibility for your work;
- Ability to work as a supportive member of a team and to co-operate with your colleagues and be flexible;
- Good results at A level and GCSE, particularly in Maths and English;
- Absolute trustworthiness and a commitment to respect the confidentiality of Goodman Ray and our clients;
- A demonstrable commitment to Equality & Diversity in the workplace.
Desirable experience, skills and abilities
- Experience providing administrative support in a law firm or other professional setting;
- An ability to set up and maintain spread sheets;
- Experience of developing complex spreadsheets;
- NVQ in Business and Administration or other similar qualification;
- Experience of financial administration or credit control, such as the processing and tracking of payments, keeping financial records;
Please apply by completing the downloadable application form. CV’s will not be considered
Application form and CV to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications 2 December 2016.