Goodman Ray is a medium sized forward thinking niche solicitors practice leading the field in children and matrimonial law.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven finance or administrative professional with a strong finance background. The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified or part qualified accountant with experience who can manage a small admin team, oversee the accounting functions of the firm and provide solid strategic financial support to the (Leadership team (LT)), including preparing management accounts, budgets, and maintaining an overview of the financial management of the firm; and who will contribute to the development and implementation of the firm’s strategic plan, policies and practices.
The successful PM will support the LT in managing a broad range of tasks undertaken by the admin team including credit control, marketing, HR. Will be a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills, to work collaboratively with the staff and LT and will be able to positively manage others to achieve results that are in the best interests of the firm.
The candidate must:
- Be a PM (or senior member of an admin or accounting team) for at least 3 years within a well regarded law firm or other professional office
- ideally be a qualified accountant (or part qualified with experience)
- be IT literate
- ideally have comprehension/knowledge of SRA on compliance issues
- have working knowledge of solicitors accounts rules
- have experience in managing employees, consultants and contractors, and your own admin team
- understating of and ability to manage risk and compliance issues including PII insurance
- Ideally have a working knowledge of the financial implications of legal aid
Apply with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 22 October