Goodman Ray are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who thrives in a busy working environment. This is a full time position & largely office based. The office is located just off Fleet Street.
- Prepare fixed fee invoices as requested by fee earners/paralegals.
- Monitor private bills produced & ensure that they are sent to the client within 5 days of being posted to the ledger.
- Review the daily cash receipts spreadsheet as prepared by external bookkeeping service & identify any unknown receipts, complete the posting slips & update the relevant fee earner.
- Analyse & code the credit card statements each month, collate all the receipts & forward to the cashier for posting.
- Download purchase ledger invoices & save to our case management system (Tikit).
- Control the petty cash. Ensure there is cash available for office expenditure, record all transactions & code & send to the cashier on a monthly basis. Reconcile the amount of cash held with the records.
- Production of management information at month end for team leaders and other ad hoc reports & analysis as requested by the members or Finance Director.
- To be responsible for the chasing of debts & to maintain the value of debts at a reasonable level. To investigate the credit control functions on the case management system & implement an automated system.
- To identify debts for outsourcing & maintain a record of those debts.
- Monitor client account balances that have not moved for 12 months & ensure compliance with the SAR.
Enquiry into dormant files with account balances and take appropriate steps to account for the balances
The above is not intended to be a full schedule of tasks to be undertaken.
- Experience of working in a Legal Cashiering role
- Knowledge of SARs and requirements of Legal Aid
- A strong multitasker, team player and good time manager
- Able to meet deadlines
- An eye for attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently on their own, whilst working under the line management of the Finance Director
Goodman Ray operate a Diversity & Equality Policy & welcome applications from everyone regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity.
Please send your CV & a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date 26 October 2022.