The Chambers and Partners Legal Directory have now released their rankings for 2019. Goodman Ray has done extremely well, and our solicitors have been recognised for their expertise across all aspects of family law, from financial matters to children issues; including care, adoption, fertility, abduction and children arrangements. Our expertise for children matters involving cross border disputes, and for public law issues was especially highlighted, being ranked in bands two and one respectively.
Chambers and Partners describe Goodman Ray as being known for:
• Well-regarded children practice that handles serious cases relating to non-accidental injuries and abuse, often requiring technical medical examination.
• Often instructed in cross-border child abductions.
• Cross-border children experience includes developing areas of law such as surrogacy and fertility law, as well as adoption.
• Expertise extends to a range of matrimonial finance issues.
Some of the comments made by clients and professionals who recommended Goodman Ray are:
· “If you want sensible, clear and practical advice designed to facilitate agreement between parties, then you won’t go wrong with Goodman Ray.”
· “I recommend Goodman Ray frequently to those needing a team who will seriously fight their client’s corner. They are empathetic, supportive and thorough.“
We are extremely pleased to see that our ability to help clients obtain an amicable solution, has been recognised as much as our ability to be firm litigators. We pride ourselves on supporting our clients through very difficult times in their lives, and we are proud that this has been acknowledged too.
Six of our solicitors have been included in the guide, and some of the recognition is:
• maintains a reputation as one of London’s foremost children’s lawyers. She has a particular specialism in public law matters, which sees her acting on behalf of children and parents in cases of severe abuse that often involve complex medical evidence. Commentators describe her as an “intellectually elegant” lawyer who “guides her clients with the benefit of much accumulated experience and real empathy.”
• specialises in matters involving the international movement of children, with deep experience in Hague Convention and wardship cases leading to regular appearances in the Court of Appeal. She is “a genuine specialist in international cases, “according to sources, and “goes the extra mile for her clients.”
• regularly handles a wide variety of cases involving children, with a particular specialism in complex care cases concerning issues of non-accidental injury and abuse. She is also experienced in Court of Protection matters. Sources describe her as “highly intelligent and incredibly diligent.”
• maintains a strong practice in both public and private law matters concerning children, with a particular specialism in Hague proceedings, as well as radicalisation cases. “Kevin is an absolute pleasure to work with,” according to interviewees, who add: “He is bright, thorough, sympathetic, supportive and, above all, gets results for his clients.”
• has a strong practice in issues of surrogacy, fertility, domestic and international adoption, for which sources consider her “a real leader.” Another interviewee notes: “Jemma is highly professional and knowledgeable. She is efficient, reliable and a good communicator.”
• has a broad-based practice that sees her regularly instructed on issues of financial remedy, as well as complex private law cases involving the welfare of children. She is also an accredited mediator. Sources say: “Trudi is extremely good with clients, and isn’t fazed by complicated issues. She steps up to the plate in cases others would hide away from.
We are extremely happy with our recommendations in Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500. It has been a fantastic last couple of weeks at Goodman Ray with our excellent ranking in directories, promoting Thomas Brownrigg to partner, and Tom Trim finishing his training contract and starting work here as a newly qualified solicitors.
We have a big next few weeks coming up, with Goodman Ray and our solicitors being up for a number of awards. Thomas Brownrigg is shortlisted for Family Law Associate of the Year at the CityWealth Future Leaders Awards. Peggy Ray is shortlisted for Partner of the Year at the Family Law Awards. Goodman Ray have also been shortlisted at the Family Law Awards for London Firm of the Year too.